Thursday, January 17, 2019

Salmon Pumpkin Dog Biscuits

Salmon and Pumpkin Doggie Treats


These are the ingredients. I try to use what I can that is organic. The salmon is wild caught and low sodium-important. I used gluten free flour and coconut flower just to try them. Regular flour or whole wheat or rice would work as well.


I put 2 large eggs + shells, 1 can salmon, 1 can pumpkin in the food processor and mixed until blended. Then added 1 cup of each of the flours (2 cups total-more if too soft) slowly in and continued mixing. I chilled the dough for about an hour. Then rolled out the dough onto a floured surface. Can make a long roll, chill and slice circles off.


Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
They were rolled to around a 1/4 inch thick. But could be various thicknesses. I used lots of flour because the dough stuck to the counter. I have seen recipes that used 3 cups of flour instead of the 2 that I used. I used a cookie cutter to shape them and then placed them on a cookie sheet sprayed with oil. Parchment paper will work well also. 
Bake for 15 minutes. I put them back in to dry crispy at 200 degrees for 25 minutes.


And here are a few of them. The recipe makes a lot. I would keep them in the refrigerator.
My doggies went crazy for them.


Simple, quick, and inexpensive especially if you buy good quality dog treats like me.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...