Tuesday, May 10, 2016

My version of Moroccan Chicken

My version of Moroccan Chicken

An amazingly delicious dish that is super simple to whip up. I have also used shrimp instead of chicken and it came out really delish.


My version of Moroccan Chicken

My Version Ingredients

Serves 3-4
    1 tbsp Olive oil

  • 2 chicken breasts or 1 lb chicken tenders
  • about 1 cup each of zucchini and yellow squash
  • 1 clove Garlic chopped
  • 1/2 onion
    • 1 cup Green olives, pitted
    • 1/4-1/2 cup raisins

  • Spices

    • 1/4 tsp Black pepper, fresh
    • 3/4 tsp nutmeg
    • 1 tsp cinnamon
    • 1 tsp Salt
    • 1 3/4 tsp Turmeric
    • 1/4 tsp Cumin
    • 1/2 tsp curry

Drizzle olive oil in bottom of casserole dish. Add sliced onions, raisins, squashes, olives, garlic, some slices of lemon. Then put chicken on top withe all of the spices, the rest of the lemon slices, and the butter. Bake for about 40 minutes at 400 with foil loosely placed over dish. about half way through you can still it around to mix the flavors but you don't have to. 

I like to serve it with some kind of cous cous like Near East brand cous cous with pine nuts. 
This casserole is so flavorful and simple to prepare. It is a sure winner.
I have also made it with shrimp instead of chicken and it was delicious.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...