Sunday, January 20, 2019

Always a new project

Cranberry Chutney and Candied Ginger

I wake up every morning with a list of new things to do or try each day. It really gets exhausting. The grocery store had a lot of bags of organic cranberries at a cheap price so I got a lot of them. I made loads of cranberry nut bread until now I am getting a little sick of it. So I thought I would try a cranberry chutney. Watching the Great British Bake Off so many times made me wonder about the ginger that they seem to use in tons of recipes. I looked it up to see what our equivalent was to the names they kept calling it. It seems that it is a candied or crystallized ginger. In the grocery store it was more money than I wanted to pay for it so I said to myself "why don't I just make it!" 

Candied Ginger

So I got a ginger root, sliced it up, boiled it in a sugar syrup few a long time. And the result was amazing! Totally scrumptious. I never had anything like it. Especially with the syrup.


Cranberry Chutney

When I made the chutney, I used the cranberries, apple, orange juice, raisins and the amazing ginger diced up. The recipe was loosely based on this one - Orange Cranberry Chutney from Taste of Home

My Recipe for Cranberry Chutney

fresh cranberries
an apple
1/4 c juice of one orange
some raisins
candied ginger plus a little of the syrup
apple cider vinegar
honey



Just put everything in a saucepan and cook together then let cool.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...