Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Zora's blanket

I have been working like the craziest of Santa's elves making a blanket for Zora's Christmas present. Whether I finish it in time is yet to be seen. Here are some pics of the process:


I made 42 daisy flowers with 12 different colors of cotton yarn. The cotton made such a sweet soft blanket. pattern here


 A basket full of posies!

 I joined the flowers together with this video 5 Ways to Attach Granny Squares
 I decided to go with a simple whip stitch with a darning needle to sew them together rather than crocheting them together. I liked that it didn't leave a ridge and was lots faster. By this point my hands were very achy from so much constant crocheting, trying to get this done for my granddaughter's Christmas present.



Today and Monday before I fly to Philadelphia and I think I am going to make it if I don't keep making mistakes. Last night I was sewing away (after wasting an hour looking for the needle) and realized I had sew squares together in such a mistaken wat that it looked like an origami creature. Getting close!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...